Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : JMLON0027
Location: England, West Midlands
Sector: Manufacturing Process & Maintenance, Automotive
Salary: £35000 - £36000 per annum
Date posted: 30/01/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Maintenance Engineer /Birmingham
£30,000 - £32,000 + Bonus+Overtime
Responsible for (no. of staff / level):
Responsible for (equipment):
Rotating Shift Pattern
Main Purpose of Job:
Electrically based Maintenance Engineer role, supporting busy JIT Wheel and Tyre Assembly Plant to provide maintenance support to site in order to maintain the smooth running of the operation.
Key Performance Areas: (e.g. Health and Safety, Financial Results, People Management etc)
Health and Safety
Vehicle/ equipment operation
Customer/ vendor liaison
Recording of information
Principle Tasks/ Main Duties
- Repairing and servicing machine tools mechanically or electrically. (We are seeking both mechanical maintenance specialists and electrical maintenance specialists).
- Fault diagnosis
- Programming PLC (for electrical maintenance staff )
- Reading & understanding engineering drawing.
- Organising routine servicing schedules.
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate.
- Fitting new parts.
- Carrying out quality inspections
- Keeping production managers informed of progress.
- Making scheduled checks on machinery and parts
- Oiling and cleaning machinery and parts.
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule.
- Problem solving and responding immediately to machinery breakdowns
- Liaising with client departments and customers;
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs;
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines.
Any other duties relevant to the grade of post as may be designated by the Company
Qualifications & Experience
Qualified to a minimum HNC level (apprentice trained)
A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar position ideally within the automotive industry or a machine tool manufacturer
Demonstrable fault finding, diagnosis, problem solving and repair skills
Previous experience of the motor industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
Ability to work in pressurised and reactive environment
Excellent PLC skills (ideally Fanuc, Allen Bradley or Mitsubishi)
Ability to read engineering drawings
- Good problem-solving skills
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety legislation.
- Writing technical reports
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- "Can-Do"/ positive/ flexible approach
Knowledge of Siemens 7S (Desired)
Knowledge of Mitsubishi Electrical Technology (Desired)
Background in Pneumatic Engineering (Desired)
Please note candidates will need to have a full driving license as this role may require them to travel to different sites.
For more information about this role please contact our London office