Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : JMLON0037
Location: England, Merseyside, Liverpool
Sector: Manufacturing Process & Maintenance, Automotive
Date posted: 24/01/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer /Liverpool
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Responsible for (no. of staff / level):N/A
Responsible for (equipment):
Working Hours: Rotating Shift Pattern
Main Purpose of Job:
Electrically based Maintenance Engineer role, supporting busy Tier 1 automotive manufacturing plant to provide maintenance support to site in order to maintain the smooth running of the operation.
Key Performance Areas: (e.g. Health and Safety, Financial Results, People Management etc)
*Health and Safety
*Vehicle/ equipment operation
*Customer/ vendor liaison
*Recording of information
Principle Tasks/ Main Duties
- Repairing and servicing machine tools mechanically or electrically. (We are seeking both mechanical maintenance specialists and electrical maintenance specialists).
- Fault diagnosis
- Programming PLC (for electrical maintenance staff )
- Reading & understanding engineering drawing.
- Organising routine servicing schedules.
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate.
- Fitting new parts.
- Carrying out quality inspections
- Keeping production managers informed of progress.
- Making scheduled checks on machinery and parts
- Oiling and cleaning machinery and parts.
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule.
- Problem solving and responding immediately to machinery breakdowns
- Liaising with client departments and customers;
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs;
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines.
Any other duties relevant to the grade of post as may be designated by the Company
Qualifications & Experience
-Qualified to a minimum HNC level (apprentice trained)
-A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar position ideally within the automotive industry or a machine tool manufacturer
-Demonstrable fault finding, diagnosis, problem solving and repair skills
-Previous experience of the motor industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
-Ability to work in pressurised and reactive environment
-Excellent PLC skills (ideally Fanuc, Allen Bradley or Mitsubishi)
-Ability to read engineering drawings
- Good problem-solving skills
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety legislation.
- Writing technical reports
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- "Can-Do"/ positive/ flexible approach
-Knowledge of Siemens 7S (Desired)
-Knowledge of Mitsubishi Electrical Technology (Desired)
-Background in Pneumatic Engineering (Desired)
Please note candidates will need to have a full driving license as this role may require them to travel to different sites.
For more information about this role please contact our London office