- Develop training and certification programs for equipment operations within Bulk Material Handling operations.
- Train and develop subordinates and certify operations personnel in the safe operation of equipment.
- Assists Foreman in training and certifying operations personnel in the safe operation of equipment.
- Responsible to oversee and direct crane conveyor electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Understands and can communicate knowledge to others pertaining to operations.
- Trains and develops subordinates in repairs service and operation of equipment.
- Establish and maintain necessary crew/work schedules to meet the customer needs while maintaining control of the established budget.
- Stays abreast of changes in working conditions or new technology that could increase the safety and efficiency of the operations employees.
- Initiates and supports improvement plans for employees to succeed in their efforts to achieve the goals of the department.
- Develop maintain and assure that an accurate and timely reporting process is in place for reporting time/wages to the payroll department.
- Organizes and maintains an accurate record keeping process for site operations.
- Confers as focal point with other supervisors in organization to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Directs employees in mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance repairs.
- Assists and train employees in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Direct employees engaged in dismantling assembling and installing parts and or service on equipment / machinery.
- Requisitions and control spare parts inventory.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to employees and enforces safety regulations company policies/procedures and work rules and assigns duties.
- Recommends measures to improve equipment performance and quality of product handling.
- Has understanding and grasp of environmental impact of bulk material handling operations.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department and/or work crew.
- Takes lead in assuring performance of daily maintenance and directs repairs.
- Maintains inspection time and production records.
- Organizes and documents site operations.
- When necessary and required performs activities of employees supervised.
- Must be willing to work overtime hours during the week and/or weekends as dictated by operations.
- Must be willing to carry company issued pager and/or cellular telephone/radio and be on-call for work as may be required assigned and scheduled.
- In order to appropriately perform the essential duties of this job regular work attendance is required.
- Manages 2-4 subordinate supervisors / foremen who supervise employees involved in the repairs and service operations.
- Is responsible for the overall direction coordination and evaluation of these units.
- Directly supervises non-supervisory employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing hiring and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Less than three to four years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully an individual should have knowledge of Internet Explorer Internet software; Microsoft Outlook Email Microsoft Windows; Order processing systems; Payroll Time Reporting & Payroll systems; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Must not have a fear of heights
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Must be able to travel upon Supervisor request
Preferred experience skills and knowledge:
- Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- 6 - 10 experience/background working with bulk material handling equipment conveyors gearboxes drive systems motors.
- Work directly with terminal management for scheduling repairs keep management included in plans for repairs make decisions and stand by them when management cannot be involved.
- Have the proper personnel available for call out requirements.
- Manage LO/TO program with all subordinates.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office