Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH104756
Location: USA, New York, Manhattan
Sector: T&D, Utilities
Date posted: 27/03/2017
Bachelor's degree in a technical area preferred. A HS Degree or GED with a minimum of 5 years work experience in a power plant, merchant shipping or industrial environment is required. Experience in computer applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access and familiarity with Work Management Systems is required. Candidate must demonstrate a high energy level, be well organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Work experience associated with the repair and maintenance of pumps, motors, turbines, boiler tube repairs, welding, valve repairs, pipe fitting, and plumbing.
* Knowledge of weld procedures and /N.D.E requirements and piping specifications.
* Experience with equipment assembly, blue print reading, and coupling alignment.
* Experience or working knowledge of safety and environmental compliance.
* Excellent leadership and communication skills along with the ability to work as part of a team.
* A valid TWIC card or obtain after 3 months of hire date.
* Intermediate electrical skills such as 440V breaker preventative maintenance and repairs, troubleshooting of motor control centers, electrical blue print reading/schematics and knowledge of electrical test equipment/use.
* Knowledge of Contractor oversight.
* Possession of an Asbestos Supervisors license, or ability to obtain within one year of hire date.
* Supervise union personnel or contractor personnel in the area of Mechanical or Electrical Maintenance.
* Be responsible for the safety, productivity and quality workmanship of his/her assigned personnel, for all types of power plant maintenance. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
* Enforcing all contractual and local work rules, assigning personnel to jobs in accordance with the Weekly Work Schedule and adhering to the station schedule, performing administrative tasks in MAXIMO daily.
* Work with the Planning Supervisor to improve work plans and provide feedback to planners on work plans completed.
* Ensure the all personnel use and follow all developed Maintenance, Station and Company procedures.
* Attend the daily management meetings to report job progress, be fully knowledgeable of work scopes and submit Work Permit Requests in a clear and concise manner.
* Directs the safe, environmentally compliant, efficient utilization of employees and materials in the repair and overhaul of power plant equipment.
* Plans and lays out work schedules, critical paths as needed.
* Document work performed on a daily basis in the Maintenance log and entries made daily in the work management system MAXIMO.
* Scan all technical and other documents such as coupling alignment data, bearing and shaft reading, completed procedures, etc. and other critical data into MAXIMO for historical reference during or at the completion of each job as applicable. The position will require good communications skills, good organizational skills and working as a team with other organizations such as EH&S, I&C, Planning, Operations and Engineering. The efficient and proper handling of multiple assignments is essential for success in this position.
Must be physically able to work in a power plant environment with extreme heat conditions, noise, high elevations, and confined spaces. Must be able to work under conditions of high temperatures and at high elevations in the plant. Must be medically approved for respirator fit testing and use in a power plant environment. Position requires extensive walking, climbing, and standing.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK EXTENDED SHIFTS, OFF SHIFTS AND WEEKENDS AS NEEDED TO SUPPORT THE OPERATIONS OF THE PLANT.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.