Commercial management of revenue and fuel agreements including power purchase agreements, hedge agreements, ancillary service agreements, thermal agreements, fuel supply and transport agreements, interconnection agreements, and transmission agreements.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of energy markets, energy policy, market fundamentals, and ISO protocols with a specific focus on SPP, PJM, and MISO.
- Develop daily dispatch and hedging strategies related to generation assets within the portfolio to maximize overall profitability with a specific focus on renewable generation assets.
- Develop and manage short and long-term strategies to reduce price basis risk between generation nodes and trading hubs, including the use of FTR, CRR, PTP, trading products, etc.
- Manage profitability of all revenue and fuel agreements including power purchase agreements, proxy revenue swaps, thermal supply agreements, fuel supply agreements, etc.
- Improve the financial performance of the assets in the portfolio by identifying potential initiatives for value creation relying on technical and economic familiarity with different types of power generation equipment, in-depth knowledge of the markets, firm understanding of all commercial agreements, and operating costs of the asset in order to add value to the asset/portfolio.
- Support business development and affiliates in the due diligence, development, contracting, bid submittals, and operations of new greenfield development and acquisition projects.
- Work in partnership with Government & Regulatory Affairs to identify, develop, and implement market design initiatives that improve asset/portfolio economics and overall market design.
- Understand the management and legal requirements of complex partnership, tax equity, and financing arrangements and be able to operate and maximize asset value within that framework.
- Identify, assess and support execution of other Asset Optimization initiatives.
Requirements / Experience
- 6-10+ years of experience in the following: Generation, Commercial Optimization and/or Energy Risk Management
- Knowledge of dispatch, trading, scheduling power and CRR/FTR/PTP in ISO-style market
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Engineering
- Broad experience in all aspects of the Power Industry
- Demonstrated understanding of solar and wind power plant operations, economics and marketing strategies
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.