Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: £35,000 pa
We are looking for an experienced manufacturing engineer who will be able to provide engineering support to the production line and be able to provide problem solving solutions.
To support the integrated project team to effectively manage, coordinate and control product through manufacture, ensuring quality and delivery meets expectations of the customer
- Daily engineering support including prompt problem solving solutions with a view to establishing
- permanent corrective actions that eliminate process waste and non-value added activities.
- Negotiating and raising change requests such as process deviation tickets, concessions, permits
- and ECRs.
- Identifying requirements for jigs, fixtures and gauges to support safe and efficient manufacturing
- processes in line with the businesses production methods.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and build control plans
- Create and maintain BOMs and Routes in the ERP system - BaaN
- Drive quality, efficiency and output across the plant, upholding the highest Health & Safety
- Meet customer delivery deadlines and optimise labour meet schedule.
- Lead and drive change/continuous improvement initiatives across design as an on-going activity
- To work in partnership and collaboration with all support functions
- Demonstrate thorough planning skills
- Undertake other reasonable duties, in line with business needs and objectives.
- 4-5 years' experience manufacturing engineering background
- Ideally, Assemblies (composite) background
- Previous MRP/ERP experience
- Experience working with analytical design tools and techniques.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office