This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in their career with a leading Aerospace client. As part of the role you will be required to work closely with the Procurement teams and the Manufacturing Engineering across in Europe and North America.
As part of team, you will be responsible for building estimates. You will be responsible for Recurring cost activities and Non-Recurring activities for all current and future programmes.
You will be expected to contribute to a much wider scope of activities across the department and would be expected in the short/mid-term to accelerate your learning on the job through attendance to related projects.
You will be accountable for creating detailed and accurate cost estimates for all Work Packages, using the Digital costing tool suite, on time and to the right quality. The cost estimates will be for aircraft programmes and will be used to support new project business cases, bid analysis, supplier claims and target setting.
Working closely with the Program and Procurement teams, you will be required to help and support the teams in negotiations with functions and suppliers.
As the successful candidate your main activities will include:
- Produce cost estimates for Work Packages against a set of costing rules and assumptions, using and developing a variety of costing methodologies, tools and processes.
- Be accountable for the integrity and consistency of the cost estimates.
- Support the procurement negotiations.
- Support the management team with innovative ideas to enhance and develop the spirit of transnational collaboration.
- To use the new Digital Costing tools suite and become a true business partner to Procurement, taking part and helping to define the negotiation strategy with Procurement.
The job holder will be in direct contact with:
- Engineering in order to get all technical assumptions.
- Manufacturing to analyse the industrial process and evaluate costing impact.
- Procurement lead buyer to support negotiation with detailed estimates and argumentation.
- Transnational teams in the wider costing environment in both Europe and North America.
The successful candidates will demonstrate a good level of interpersonal skills and be able to influence at all levels.
We are looking for someone with experience of product knowledge including manufacturing processes (metallic and composite)
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Good product knowledge.
- Knowledge of Jigs and Tools used for manufacturing
- Knowledge of design and manufacturing processes for WP
- IT - Knowledge of design tools (CATIA)
- IT - Knowledge of Production and design tools (PDM-link, SAP)
- Cost estimate experience is an advantage, but training will be given.
- Project Management experience would be an advantage
- An ability to speak another language would be an advantage.
- Agility and innovation.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office