We currently have a very specialist Manufacturing Engineer role available for a huge worldwide client we are working with solely here at Spencer Ogden.
The role has become available within the Landing Gear sector of the business. The great thing is, the company have only recently opened this section of their business as they are looking to progress every part of their aircraft production in detail due to being the leading supplier in the world.
Within the Landing Gear Engineering Systems community, the jobholder will be responsible for:
- Providing Manufacturing Engineering expertise Landing Gear Bushings and Bearings components to ensure the design's manufacturability of a family of products.
- To survey the industrialization of new or modified systems
- Support identification of manufacturing key characteristics
- Contribute to systems supplier's specifications and supplier selections, and to eradicate technical disruptions caused by industrialization issues affecting serial productions with the right quality, on time and within budget.
The successful candidate will be involved in leading industrialisation activities during various aircraft development phases, Landing Gear Bushings and Bearings components and assemblies.
The main activities of the role include:
- Assess manufacturability of the design
- Makes systematic technical risks & opportunities analysis of developments and changes
- Participates to development reviews of key products
- Challenge options and influence supplier design; including choices of technologies, industrial requirements, testability
- Contributes to secure design manufacturability in support to designers
- Surveys industrialisation and transfer of work
- Identifies products' industrialisation risks and defines the associated mitigations
Supports eradication of quality flaws in case of technical causes
- Contributes to recovery & industrial performance improvement initiatives when relevant
- Supports supplier evaluation and selection
- Feedbacks design and manufacturing processes: builds and shares lessons learnt and proposes improved practices and processes
- Develop strategies that protect the long-term position of this industry leading company
Skills required for this role (I am happy to speak to anyone who is potentially lacking in a certain area but could go through training / development):
- Basic Knowledge of landing gears and landing gear design
- Landing Gear Bushings and Bearings Manufacturing Engineering expertise (manufacturing processes, technologies, machines)
- Industrial expertise (systems performance concepts, lean principles, production & operations management, problem solving techniques)
- Awareness of supplier's contractual framework
- Project management experience
- Awareness of manufacturing controls applicable to aerospace applications
What we can offer in return:
- Excellent competitive salary with yearly reviews
- Total remuneration package made up of Basic Salary, Performance Bonus & Success Sharing
- 25 days' holiday (Ability to buy 35 additional hours) plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme Defined contribution pension scheme with scale matching contribution
- Flexible Benefits based on grade - Multiple options including health care and car options
- Flexible working hours & practices (including Friday half-day)
- Onsite social clubs
- Strong career development opportunities (learning path, opportunities to move internally, UK wide and internationally)
Please get in contact with Jordan at Spencer Ogden to find out more about this current role, if this one is not of interest please drop us a call and we will let you know if we have anything of interest to you on 0161 227 4911.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office