Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH112823
Location: England, Essex
Sector: Production, Aerospace
Salary: £40000.00 - £45000 per annum
Date posted: 14/09/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Job Title: Manufacturing Manager
Salary: Up to £45K
A successful engineering company are looking to expand their capabilities and take on a new Manufacturing Manger to lead a team of 4 direct reports and 16 indirect. This would be pivotal role in which you would be responsible for the delay running of the production team whilst leading efficiency improvements across your operational areas.
This role would ideally suit a Manufacturing Manager or Production Manager who has worked in a complex manufacturing environment with strong knowledge on Lean manufacturing techniques such as Six Sigma.
Manufacturing Manager Requirements
* Experience of managing large teams, preferably within complex manufacturing environments;
* A successful track record of applying continuous improvement techniques, lean manufacturing techniques, quality approaches and change management techniques to deliver business efficiencies
* Be able to act on relevant business metrics to drive sustained performance improvements
* A successful track record of strong cost management
Manufacturing Manager Responsibilities
* Effectively plan and allocate manufacturing resource within a complex manufacturing environment
* Manage and develop a team of manufacturing employees (Cell leaders / Operators),
* Drive a continuous improvement culture through manufacturing teams, to improve manufacturing processes and reduce costs, whilst increasing efficiency through use of manufacturing principles.
* Contribute to operational strategy incorporating the needs of other departments
* Develop, maintain and monitor appropriate Key Performance Indicators for the team and drive year-on-year improvements to meet targets for quality, volume and cost;
* Ensure all appropriate Health, Safety and Environment requirements are updated and adhered to
If you believe this role would be suitable for yourself please apply. Due to the nature of the projects the company work on, UK security clearance will be required for the role.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.