Our client is a leading offshore wind organization looking for an experienced marine coordinator to join their team in north west Germany on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for a marine coordination professional to join a key player in the industry coordinating all activities for one of their most well-known offshore wind projects.
Marine Coordinator duties and responsibilities:
- 24/7 emergency contact during the construction / operation phase and implementation of contingency plans
- 24/7 real-time monitoring of the marine area including weather monitoring
- Timely request and verification of required documents e.g. Certificates, ship documents
- Responsible for the work-permits for the offshore work after agreement
- Responsible for maintaining the people tracking system
- Initial contact for the traffic safety vehicle and vehicle coordination
- Mission planning and coordination of CTV and air traffic to, from and within the wind farm
- Tetra / VHF communication and meetings in English
- Logging all messages and activities in a construction journal, keeping reports, and visualizing the construction progress
- Support for cross-project interfaces to the Marine Coordination Center (MCC)
Marine Coordinator desired experience:
- Must have a nautical patent for STCW95 (preferably STCW95 / II) and a VHF radio (GOC or SRC)
- Must have successfully completed technical vocational training and advanced training as a master or a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or maritime / nautical
- Have several years of experience in marine coordination
- Willing to work on a shift pattern
- Enjoys working as part of a team, resilient and confident
- Highly organised and flexibile
- Able to use MS Office applications well, owner of a driving license of the class 3 / B as well fluency in German and English (writing and speaking).
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office