Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH105164
Location: Scotland, North Lanarkshire, Motherwell
Sector: Corporate, Sales, Built Environment
Salary: £10 - £14 per hour
Date posted: 05/04/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Title: Material Planner/Coordinator
Location: Newhouse Industrial Estate
Contract: Temp with potential to go permanent
Schedule production lines for ensuring optimal capacity and efficiency of the lines at all times based on material availability. Responsible for collating and analysing data relating to Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) and assisting with creating targets on a monthly basis.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Run clean to build functionality and provide travellers / picklists
* Manage backlogs to ensure maximum capacity is obtained in each cell, taking into account either On Time to Request (OTD) metrics, past due management, and safety stock attainment
* Raise purchase requisitions and firm up planned orders to ensure raw material is ordered in a timely manner to complete these orders and ensuring Finished Goods are dispatched to customer on time.
* Work with production teams to agree operation plans, capacity and labour alignment
* Manage reschedule messages to ensure continuous supply of material
* Manage inventory to the optimum level through A3 monthly tracking and work with sourcing on purchasing strategies
* Complete data and reports for meetings and attend relevant tiered accountability meetings
* Manage expedite workflows within agreed timeline and liaise with Customer Services Team to provide updates / improvements on customer orders
* Clear / manage COGI (goods movement errors) to agreed levels
* Process scrap through the system and review bill of material mismatches in a timely manner
* Manage workflows / Engineering Change Orders through SAP ensuring SAP accuracy in Material Master
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications needed
* Experience in high volume low mix production environment would be an advantage
* Experience in SAP manufacturing essential
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills - in particular Excel
* Previous planning experience essential
* Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within the business
* Excellent organisational skills
* Minimum level HNC or equivalent
Please apply here.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office