Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH108812
Location: England, Essex
Sector: NPI & Product Engineering, R and D
Salary: £40000.00 - £50000 per annum
Date posted: 22/06/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Job Title: Technical Specialist - Materials Science
Salary: Up to £50K
A new opportunity has arisen for a materials scientist to join a pioneering technology company based in Essex. The role will include the technical disciplines of chemistry, materials and physics in a development and manufacturing environment.
Working within a laboratory-based environment the successful materials scientist will provide specialist investigation of materials, components and root-cause analysis over a range of challenging materials.
Materials Scientist - Essential Experience/Competencies
* Strong knowledge of material science with practical experience of some of the following techniques and processes: root-cause analysis, scanning electron microscopy, physical testing, Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectrometry (EDS), thin-film deposition, residual-gas analysis
* Experience in managing technical investigations. Ideally but not exclusively gained in a semiconductor, microelectronics manufacturing
* Ability to interact with business systems to increase operational efficiency
* Technical understanding of Laboratory HSE
The Materials Scientist will be capable of managing technical investigations and projects at a high level, typical responsibilities include:
* Project manage non-standard technical investigations
* Function as part of the laboratory leadership team
* Act as owner for specific laboratory processes, equipment and services
* Provide governance for divisions through high-level, technical advice in specialist areas
* Provide technical support on HSE issues
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.