MDS Field Engineer
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH113299
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Sector: Craft Services, Oil and Gas
Date posted: 19/09/2017
Machinery Diagnostics Service Engineer
As an MDS Engineer, you will travel to local client sites within Malaysia and assist them with installations or ongoing service provision. You will be involved with vibration monitoring systems and all aspects of analysis.
- The MDS Engineer will provide services that will range in scope from the setup of transducers and test instrumentation in order to satisfy specific field services project test objectives
- Work on on-site or remote rotating machinery
- Provide customers with technical direction and/or project management
- Timely completion of standard service reports, invoicing packages, and other administrative requirements.
- Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality
- Support the business growth initiatives
- Make decisions based on business impact and technical data
- Configure portable data to acquire appropriate vibration response data
- Optimize the condition monitoring system
- Recognize and accurately diagnose machinery malfunctions (alignment, rotor balance, instabilities, etc.) and advise the maintenance team on what to do
- Involved in machinery start up/ turnaround assistance
- Possess a bachelor degree in Engineering
- 3 years' experience in condition based monitoring and/or oil & gas environment or relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of rotating machinery operation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to read and write in English
- Strong computer and network skills with familiarity of MS office products
- Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently; ability to prioritize, organize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to set and meet aggressive targets
- Able to travel extensively and work over-time.
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321