Mechanical CAD Engineer/Draftsman
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH102678
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Sector: Craft Services, Oil and Gas
Date posted: 30/03/2017
Job Role Summary:
* The successful candidate will work with the engineering team in mechanical design and create drawings of downstream oil and gas pressure vessels and piping and update 2D drawings.
* Mechanical CAD Designer/Draftsman with expertise in use of AutoCAD.
* Prepare detailed, scaled drawings of pressure vessels, piping, structural steel, pressure vessel internals, welding details etc.
* Provide support under the direction of the design team personnel and follow-up with the design team personnel throughout the drawing release/revision process. Support activities to communicate drawing requirements and resolve drawing issues with other functional dartments.
* Collaborate with design team to optimize the design of pressure vessels and piping.
Expected Level of Proficiency:
* Associate Degree in Design or Drafting
* 5-10 years of experience drafting pressure vessels for downstream oil, gas and chemical industry
* Experience in drafting fluid solids fixed equipment and/or refractory lined high-temperature vessels, drafting hydroprocessing reactor internals and/or heavy wall pressure vessels and use of Solid Works and 3D modeling capabilities, designing welded equipment following the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and the ASME Process Piping Code and use of Solid Works and 3D modeling capabilities
* Expert with the use of AutoCAD
* Ability to work in a self-directed manner
* Basic geometric and trigonometric math skills
* Good communication skills and able to work well in a team atmosphere
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
* Ability to maintain an organized set of up-to-date drawings for on-going projects, understand/interpret vessel fabrication drawings, and understand/interpret reviewer markups on vessel fabrication drawings
* Structural steel design experience
* Familiarity with petrochemical and welding industry drafting standards
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321