My client is looking to take on a Design Engineer. The company are a growing special purpose machinery manufacturer who specialise in designing and manufacturing machinery which is used to manufacture plastics across a range of industries.
The ideal candidate will be capable of taking on projects in the initial phase and seeing them through to their completion. This will include;
- Acquisition of appropriate parts
- Supervision and coordination of the build and test of prototype equipment
- Compile the documentation required for the product
- Complete all project activities within a timely manner
- Working to the companies' budget.
- Experience using Solidworks
- Ideally the candidate will have over 10 years of experience working with Special Purpose Machinery
- The Job will involve editing and improving existing designs.
- Creating, maintaining and reviewing engineering drawings and schematics using Solidworks.
- Preparation of design packages so that design reviews can be carried out.
- Carry out engineering calculations
- Source and select materials to allow for effective design optimisation.
- Modify existing products to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Prepare test and operational procedures, and quality management documentation.
- Technical Liaison with colleagues, clients and suppliers
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office