|Senior Mechanical Engineer & Project Manager||Houston, TX|
| || || |
|Category: ||Mechanical Engineering|
|Job Type: ||Full Time|
|Minimum Experience: ||10+|
|Required Education: ||Bachelor's Degree|
Senior Mechanical Engineer & Project Manager - Houston, TX
An award winning and innovative multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, has an opening for Senior HVAC Engineer and Project Manager in our Houston office. Works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
You will be expected to lead the HVAC design on a variety of project types, lead teams, and directly interface with the client. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. In addition, you will assist in the management of the department and the office.
- Manage multiple HVAC design projects of various scale through concept, SD, DD and the CA phases; project types include, healthcare, science & technology, commercial, residential, hospitality, and institutional projects.
- Be the main point of contact for our clients and capable of representing the team at project meetings.
- Organize in-house resources.
- Train and mentor junior staff.
- Assist with marketing / proposal efforts and proposal presentations.
- Responsible for the management of project finances:
- Prepares project budgets, monitors compliance with time/schedule deadlines.
- Plans and obtains additional work authorizations a required for scope changes.
- Accountable for the profitability of the projects managed.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering.
- 10+ years' experience designing mechanical systems for the built environment. Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
- Have excellent engineering skills (conceptual and inter-disciplinary) and be capable to work with our clients to determine / study different system types and provide applicable pro's and con's for each along with appropriate spatial requirements.
- Hands on knowledge and experience with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Have excellent communication skills, be a self-starter / team player, motivated and able to manage/direct others (internally and externally).
- P.E. License is required, LEED Certification is preferred.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office