Title : Mechanical Engineer
Positions : Multiple openings ( Mid-level & Senior engineers)
Experience : 5 - 15 years
Location: Andover & Boston openings
- Responsible for assisting HVAC and Mechanical Engineers and Designers with project planning, managing schedules and budgets to complete work on time and profitably, plays major role in conceptualizing design of the project.
- May obtain field data by conducting field visits to project sites both in state and out of state. May require overnight travel. Documents existing conditions onto paper.
- Reviews individual project workloads, deadlines, budgets, and requirements with the responsible HVAC engineers; quality control review of responsible HVAC engineer's design drawings, specifications, and cost estimates to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Applies organizational and management expertise to unique and complex projects and is able to effectively diagnose problems, prepare course of action, and implement the course of action to provide an appropriate solution or resolution of the problem.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts by developing project approach, scope of services and budgets based on similar project experience and historical budgeting information; and by speaking at client interviews regarding project management issues.
- Obtains knowledge of building codes and stays current with building code changes.
- May assist Group Leader with project planning, managing schedules and budgets to complete work on time and within budget.
- Develops plans, specifications and cost estimates for a limited number of concurrent projects.
- Interfaces with Clients and must have good interpersonal skills.
- Perform project management duties.
- Will perform calculations as well as operate various software packages related to various portions of the design package.
- Will specify engineering systems based on project parameters.
- Prepares studies, drawings or sketches as required.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to cutting/trimming of plans, blueprint making, photocopying, plotting, scanning, packaging, mailing, and any other miscellaneous duties which may be required from time to time to assist in the smooth operation of the firm.
- Must be a graduate from an ABET-accredited engineering curriculum with a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have five (5) to ten (10) years of acceptable engineering experience in the consulting
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.