To develop concepts, models and detailed designs for infrared detector assemblies and associated manufacturing tools, for performance in demanding aerospace environments.
Key Responsibility Areas
- To understand the mechanical demands of precision optomechanical packages and as part of a cross-functional project team to develop design concepts.
- To model and analyse performance of designs and propose suitable design trades using the PTC Creo 3D CAD package.
- To select manufacturing technologies and materials based on a sound understanding of the mechanical, thermal and mechanical integrity needs of the product, and to liaise with procurement and suppliers.
- To detail the design of components, assemblies, jigs, and tools and administer aspects of the configuration control system related to these designs.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Completed Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum 1 years industrial experience.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Able to quickly understand requirements and to develop high quality design solutions, in collaboration with other departments/disciplines.
- Able to use a 3D CAD modelling tool to translate design concepts into models and drawings, ideally PTC Creo / Pro/Engineer.
- Able to communicate complex aspects of designs verbally and graphically to other members of the design team.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualise designs from written requirements and outline ideas and to translate these concepts to models and detailed manufacturing drawings.
Desirable skills and knowledge
- Industrial experience in a related field.
- Experience with the PTC Creo design tool.
- Experience with Windchill PDMLink CAD data management tool.
- Industrial experience in jig and tool design.
- Experience in design of vibration test fixtures.
- Understanding of quality requirements of aerospace industries.
- Experience in working with vacuum assemblies.
- Experience with working with Space (ESA/NASA etc) requirements
- Experience with Autocad.
Please get in contact with Jordan on 0161 227 4911 or click 'apply' and I can follow up with a phone call.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office