Mechanical Engineer - Leading European Shipbuilder - Holland
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : MECHAA30
Sector: Engineers, Marine
Date posted: 02/03/2017
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a talented Mechanical Engineer to join one of the leading European (Dutch) shipbuilder on an initial 6 month contract.
As the successful Mechanical Engineer you will be joining the engineering department which produces custom built offshore and dredging vessels.
* Analyzing and assessing customer requirements relating to products and processes and performing initial opportunity and risk analyses
* Setting up and completing 3D models of the construction, systems, equipment and procedures based on relevant information and specifications
* Examining drawings for consistency in line with specifications, missing information, readability and user-friendliness and, where needed, adjusting or elaborating upon the documents and system information
* Providing input for detailed planning, calculating weight and technical details, and determining specifications for work to be outsourced
* Revising the engineering package based on nonconformities, own insight or directions by others, and where necessary discussing with the Lead Engineer and/or relevant stakeholders
* Supporting internal and external stakeholders during implementation, production and after-sales regarding technical aspects or further questions
* Documenting activities relating to processes, installations and equipment, and providing insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports or analyses
* Identifying and evaluating bottlenecks and making suggestions for improvement, and monitoring implementation after approval.
Essential skills and experiences
* A bachelor's or master's degree in mechanical engineering or other technical discipline, for example aerospace engineering
* Excellent knowledge of Piping and mechanical as a whole
* From a shipbuilding background
* At least three to five years of relevant experience
* Excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
* An excellent command of English, (Dutch will be a bonus)
For more information about this role please contact our London office