Mechanical Estimator - Water Resources
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH125106
Location: USA, New Jersey, Tinton Falls
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Salary: US$0.00 - US$150000 per annum
Date posted: 26/04/2018
My client is an established ENR 600 firm focused in Design-Build predominantly concentrated in the Northeast. Their three business units of civil, development and equipment allow them to provide unparalleled service across the engineering, construction, real estate, and manufacturing industries.
We are looking to add a Project Manager/Cost Estimator to assist in the growth of our Water Resources Division. The Project Manager/Cost Estimator will be responsible for bid cost estimates for water and sanitary sewer projects being pursued and managing these projects through construction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of project specifications for heavy mechanical construction projects
- Review bid documents and make note of requirements
- Work closely with clients, contractors, and third-party providers in development of a project.
- Responsible for the development, execution and ongoing maintenance of the Project Management Plan for each assigned project. This includes scope, schedule, cost, quality, communication, resource, issues, risks, change control and contractor management plans. Level of detail is driven by project size and complexity
- Generate RFIs for project clarification and/or requirements.
- Prepare bid proposals and SOW's for submittal and follow-up.
- Expedite execution and return of subcontractor agreements and COI's.
- Maintain organization of project information
- Providing timely and accurate material take offs
- Producing timely and accurate estimates through use of MS Excel and internal database
- Establishing and setting priorities according to your workload
- Experience with the use of estimating software such as HeavyBid, Timberline
- Knowledge of the utility industry
- Understanding of utility expansion projects from feasibility concept, design, construction, startup, commissioning and transfer to operations
- College degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Ability to read the construction bid process
- Travel - 20% to construction job sites
- 3-5 years of experience in heavy construction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of pump stations, treatment systems, storage tanks
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Estimator/Project Management experience in heavy construction
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.