Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : FBRR
Location: England, Hampshire, Basingstoke
Sector: Energy From Waste, Renewables
Date posted: 24/08/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is one of UK's leading organic waste management operators are looking to hire a highly skilled Mechanical Fitter to take the lead on all site maintenance activities as part of a small operations team. This position based in the Hampshire area pays a competitive salary of £32,000-34,000 + per annum plus an impressive benefits package. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key part in the development of a green energy start-up company.
As a Fitter you will have to take the lead in maintaining and improving plant reliability. The successful candidate should be looking to lead by example and take responsibility for making the fitting work undertaken at the plant best in class.
This role would be well-suited to candidates looking for a hands-on role involving a mix of reactive and planned preventative maintenance responsibilities.
Plant Operative duties and responsibilities:
* Establish and manage a plant maintenance regime to maintain plant reliability.
* Track and report Plant reliability.
* Work with the Plant Manager and Team Leaders to identify areas of improvement.
* Maintain Plant spares and tolls inventory.
* Provide mechanical support to the Plant Operations meetings.
* Must be flexible to work long hours according to the needs of the business.
* Budget responsibility.
Plant Operative desired experience:
* Strong knowledge of and belief in HSEQ policies.
* Demonstrated fitter experience.
* Flexible, positive and proactive attitude to your work.
* Confident in IT and computer systems.
* Experience of maintaining mobile plant (telehandler or loading shovels) desirable.
* Mechanical or electrical engineering experience or qualifications essential.
* Flexibility to work shifts.
* Good communication skills.
* Manufacturing/Maintenance background desirable.
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9327.
For more information about this role please contact our London office