Under the direction of the Driller, this position is responsible for ongoing maintenance of mechanical systems on the rig.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Installs and services all rig motors, rotary drives and air compressors.
- Installs and maintains all service lines (e.g. air, fuel hydraulic, steam, etc.).
- Maintains a sufficient supply of water, calling water hauler or starting water wells when necessary.
- Operates hoists and air winch.
- Under the direction of the Driller, maintains and services boiler when one is operating on lease.
- Measures and checks all tubular goods before they are used in a string.
- Maintains and checks all safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, air packs).
- Maintains and checks all BOP lines and equipment.
- Maintains adequate supply of fuel and rope, soap and dope, etc.
- Assists Driller in operations and maintenance of drawworks and equipment (e.g. indicator, automatic Driller, etc.).
- Performs general housekeeping and maintenance.
- Assists Driller and Derrickhand in supervising Floorhands and establishing good work practices and correcting unsafe practices.
- Responsible for working in a manner that insures his personal safety and the safety of his fellow crewmembers.
- Reports and corrects any unsafe work practices and safety hazards.
- Informs his relief, at shift change, of both routine and unusual information regarding the job.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.