Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH93264
Location: England, Staffordshire
Sector: Build, M&E Management, Built Environment
Salary: £38500 - £39500 per annum + holidays, pension etc
Date posted: 06/03/2017
Electrically Biased Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer - c£39-£40K
I am currently recruiting am Electrically biased multi-skilled maintenance engineer position with a leading food / fmcg company based in Staffordshire.
The role will form part of the engineering team and will be responsible for providing a comprehensive electrical and mechanical engineering service in order to improve plant efficiencies and safety.
Undertake the repair and maintenance of production and ancillary equipment, property and facilities ensuring down time is kept to a minimum and in line with the requirements of the production process and plan.
Undertake PPM schedules, maintaining accurate maintenance records and completing data entry records within appropriate timescales
· Act as host for Contractors working on site ensuring that all necessary documentation is available and completed and that safe working practices are agreed prior to commencement of work.
· Responding to requests from production for engineering assistance and monitoring visual management boards to ensure flagged items are dealt with.
· Working with the production teams to improve their knowledge of the equipment and ability to quickly identify problems and resolve where appropriate, or refer.
· Follow policies and procedures in conjunction with the food quality management system and retailer specific technical standards.
· Play an active part in health and safety, identifying hazards and risks and ensuring all health and safety procedures and safe working practices are followed at all times.
· Machinery/Equipment in Use:
· Siemens S7 and Alan Bradley SLC 500 PLC's
· Haith Peelers
· TNA Packaging Equipment
· Ishida Packaging Equipment
· Rospen flavour feed systems
· Vibratory feeders
· Key Opti-Sort Equipment
· KMG Conveyor Systems
Skills & Experience
· City & Guilds or HNC in mechanical or electrical engineering would be advantageous but experience will be given priority.
· 17th edition electrical certification.
· Demonstrable experience gained within a food manufacturing environment.
· Previous experience working with PLC's
· Personal Qualities:
· Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate at all levels and develop relationships.
· Tenacious and proactive, working well under pressure.
· A team player, yet able to work on own initiative.
· Organised, able to plan, manage and prioritise a multitude of demands.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE :
Will be rewarded with a good salary c£39K+ and generous holiday entitlement of 33 days with a desirable shift pattern.
Please apply online or for more information please call Paul on 0161 227 4917
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office