Multi Skilled Maintennace Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH103375
Location: England, West Midlands, Coventry
Sector: Facility Management, Mechanical Engineering, Built Environment
Salary: £33000.00 - £34000 per annum
Date posted: 20/06/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client provides service solutions, leasing, sourcing, cleaning and maintaining textiles for industry, commerce and the NHS public sector. They are currently recruiting for a number of MULTI-SKILLED ENGINEERS at their location in Coventry.
To provide effective engineering support in terms of planned maintenance, breakdown repairs and remedial works to site equipment and buildings.
* To ensure the Company's disciplines, rules and standards are maintained.
* Ensure the company assets are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency.
* Excellent communication between Production staff and co-workers.
* Maintain knowledge of all spare parts on site for plant.
* To work within the procedures and standards as determined by the company's written standards.
* Undertake planned maintenance tasks as instructed to the relevant engineering and safety standards.
* Undertake repairs to equipment in a safe and timely manner.
* Undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager.
* To ensure any risks of safety or failure of equipment or site are communicated to the Manager.
* All activities are carried out in accordance with the Site Health and Safety instructions and the SSG Health and Safety manual, as well as in accordance with relevant engineering standards.
* To report any incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with Health and Safety Policies.
* To ensure that equipment provided for the protection of health and safety is maintained and used appropriately, and in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
* To ensure that safe systems of work and best practice procedures are adhered to.
* To ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained.
The Successful Applicant
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff and work as part of a team.
* High attention to detail.
* Ability to make decisions
* Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the business
* Problem solving/analytical ability
* Self motivated
* Flexibility to work unsocial hours, possibly including night shift
* Must possess a recognised qualification relevant to the role (e.g. mechanical or electrical C&G)
* Skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical trades
* Preferred knowledge of other engineering disciplines including pneumatics, hydraulics, steam systems
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office