Spencer Ogden is looking for an Entry Level Recruiter to join our New York office. As a Recruiter for Spencer Ogden you will be responsible for placing qualified candidates with Energy companies throughout the nation. This role will require someone to be highly tenacious, ambitious, and with a focus on delivering quality candidates in a timely manner.
As a Recruiter at Spencer Ogden, you would join a company with some of the very best staffing professionals in the entire industry. You will have the chance to advance your career based upon your own hard work and achievements and will see the rewards in both promotions and increased pay checks.
Spencer Ogden is a privately owned, international recruitment agency with over 400 employees across 15 offices globally. We were founded in January 2010, by David Spencer-Percival, the entrepreneur who sold Huntress Search to Nomura Private Equity 7 years after starting the company; and Sir Peter Ogden, the former Morgan Stanley investment banker who has founded both Computacenter, Europe’s leading I.T. services company with $4 billion revenues and Dealogic, the financial services company.
Spencer Ogden services every facet of the energy industry, including technology, finance, engineering, consulting etc. Our U.S. division’s headquarters are based in Houston which opened in August 2012. Last year we expanded our office network to Orlando, Denver, Calgary, and New York.
- Recruit, interview, evaluate and place highly skilled technical professionals on a contract, contract to hire or permanent basis
- Proactively source and identify active and passive technical professionals through various sourcing engines and social media sites
- Successfully review job descriptions and analyze client requirements in order to understand the needs of the hiring manager and technical skills required
- Constructs Boolean search strings to expedite focused candidate/client discovery
- Develop creative sourcing and recruiting resources to expand talent portfolio and attract qualified candidates
- Conduct thorough phone and face to face interviews to determine candidates qualifications and job requirements
- Build and maintain a quality pipeline through fostering long term relationships with candidates
- Provide consistent communication and career guidance to candidates
- Comprehensive, individualized, on-the-job training allows you to learn at your own pace
- Weekly meetings with an Account Manager mentor aid in progress towards personal goals
- Newly hired Recruiters will receive paid training from Spencer Ogden’s Award Winning Training Program
- Organic growth is important to us at Spencer Ogden, and continued training and education is offered throughout your career through annual sales training and leadership development courses
At Spencer Ogden, we recognize the hard work and diligence our team members put into everything that they do. Our employees are the most important part of our business and we understand the value in investing in the best people, infrastructure and training.
At Spencer Ogden, Entry Level Recruiters receive world-class training and support as well as a lucrative salary, uncapped commission structure and an excellent benefits package. There are also dozens of performance-based incentives including iPads, $100’s on the bell, and trips to Las Vegas, NYC and Ibiza.
Compensation: Competitive base salary + commission structure
Additional benefits include:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacation time-off
- Paid sick time-off
- Global travel opportunities
An Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Be competitive and driven
- Strategic thinking & ability to execute results
- Determination to achieve objectives
- Ability to overcome objections
- Adaptability and flexibility to support the organization’s growth
- Ambitious and hungry to be successful
The most suitable applicants will have strong examples of where they have demonstrated the above skills in a real life setting. Recruitment Consultants are excellent goal-setters and high-achievers.