NPD Project Manager
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH123336
Location: England, Derbyshire
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Salary: Excellent Benefits
Date posted: 27/03/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
NPD Manager / Project Manager
£35,000 - £45,000 (D.O.E) + Annual Bonus & Excellent Benefits
My client is a food manufacturer established nearly 100 years ago. They are a values-based business with a proud history. Their products are the heart of their company; a philosophy that has allowed them to remain a market leader for decades. They currently require a New Product Development (NPD) Project Manager to lead the NPD team at their head office.
The NPD Project Manager will
* Improve on the current Critical Path Process, and Set Up Folders for each project, and follow up actions with the relevant stakeholders within the business
* Manage the creation of new products from briefs supplied by the Directors and ensure all new recipes are entered into the master matrix of recipes
* Manage the administration of new recipes and amended recipes onto the Exchequer system and onto the new Tropos System in line with project targets and timings
* Manage the NPD Costings System and integrate it into the new Tropos System
* The collation and subsequent presentation of full costings of new products to Directors using information from Finance, Planning and Buying departments
* Administer the Trademarks Meetings and entering information onto the Matrix
* Research and source new raw materials for new projects in line with the company and BRC technical requirements, and also assist the buying department with evaluation of alternative choice raw materials for margin improvement initiatives.
* Cover the duties of the Process Technologist in their absence.
* Manage and chair the internal weekly NPD Meetings and follow-up minutes and agreed actions within 48 hours of the meetings
* Manage and chair the fortnightly Directors NPD Meetings and follow up with published minutes within 24 hours
* Manage the artwork process in relation to new product launches
* Manage the NPD Team, develop and train Technologists in line with agreed KPI's.
* Manage the Shelf Live Evaluation and Library for new products and process trial products.
* Provide support in the preparation of HACCP's
* Observe and comply with the employee's responsibilities as stated in the company's health and safety policy
The Ideal Candidate
The successful NPD Project Manager will be
* Staff Management: 3 years (Required)
* New Product Development: 5 years (Required)
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent, with a food focus
* Demonstrable experience of critical pathway mapping and implementation
* Proven experience of improving processes, suppliers and processes
* Awareness and knowledge of allergens and compliance
The successful NPD Project Manager will enjoy excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and good benefits, including discretionary bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Please apply online or contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918 or email@example.com.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office