Nuclear Technical Safety Expert
Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: :
Job Reference: SOL_310
Sector: Decommissioning & Waste Management, Nuclear
Date Posted: 06/10/2016
Spencer Ogden are pleased to advertise an outstanding Nuclear Technical Safety Expert vacancy with a globally-renowned engineering consultancy on a permanent (staff) position. This is a very specialised role where the professional will be expected to join a world class consulting team who conduct auditing, surveying and consulting across both site-based and office-based locations.
This is an extremely exclusive position where the chosen professional will be expected to advise the national government about the future of their nuclear energy strategy.
You will work in the department of nuclear safety in the area of decommissioning and dismantling of nuclear facilities, Radiation Protection Ordinance and the disposal of radioactive waste.
* Inspect application documents for compliance with approval requirements, especially compliance with statutory requirements and radiological safety
* Assess and evaluate technical processes and take the pertinent precautionary measures
* Compile expert reports and document the results of the examinations
* Carry out independent calculations and analyses using standard and complex computational programmes
* Check parts and components in the plant during preliminary, commissioning and functional inspections
* Assess and analyse cost calculations and project plans with respect to processes, schedules and sub-project stages
* Present and support the results vis-à-vis clients and committees and at conferences in Germany and abroad.
* Hold a university degree in the field of nuclear technology, physics or natural sciences
* Have several years' experience and professional skills in the field of decommissioning, especially dismantling technology, waste management and radiation protection
* Have professional expertise in the field of nuclear technology and radiation protection
* Have excellent knowledge of nuclear legislation
* Are very proficient in composing and presenting expert reports.
For more information about this role please contact our London office