Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH106120
Sector: Electronic Engineering, Defence
Date posted: 15/05/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Role: Obsolescence Management Lead Engineer
My client in Belgium is currently looking for an experienced Obsolescence Management lead Engineer to join its support and capability solutions department. Within this role you will be responsible for all issues associated with the delivery of Obsolescence Management Solutions.
My client has developed this vacancy to further enhance the current company obsolescence strategy and core capability; within this role you will be expected to provide technical leadership, assistance and direction on obsolescence business strategy and be able to provide efficient resolution to any issue that may arise.
To be considered you must have experience in the following key areas:
* Practical Knowledge and understanding of obsolescence prediction tools and techniques.
* Must be able and willing to undertake technical problem solving activities.
* Operational understanding of an IPT working environment and the interactions of the various team activities
* Participation within engineering project design and program life cycle reviews
* Conduct system, sub-system & components obsolescence management based on pro-actively monitoring/screening bill of materials for obsolescence based on technology lifecycle, diminishing material supply, supplier's production cycles, etc.
* Responsible for the retention and accuracy of the comprehensive database of electronic and mechanical components for obsolescence and in conjunction with Procurement buyers, investigate potential alternate sources of supply
* Have previous experience of being compliant to SD-22, Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Sources (DMSMS)
* Degree qualified in electrical or electromechanical engineering or hold the relevant practical experience
* Ability to effectively interact across multiple and diverse departments;
* Fluent in English and French, written and spoken
* Good interpersonal skills
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please do not hesitate with your application. (referral incentives available).
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.