OHL Senior Engineer
Location - UK Wide
Our client is a global design and consultancy firm requiring an Overhead Line Senior Engineer. You will be involved in preparing the designs, reports, tenders/contract documentation to the authorities and clients requirements.
This position presents an excellent opportunity for existing design/OHL engineers to join a leading design and consultancy firm which are active in over 70 countries. Offering the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and practical skills to gain Chartership or equivalent, in an environment where career progression is encouraged and actively supported.
- Analyse customer's specifications and agree design requirements
- Design safe systems, defined as the integrated structure/ overhead line, so that they may be supplied and constructed in accordance with customer requirements and/ or current practices
- Satisfactorily analyse and resolve design issues
- Provide necessary calculations and /or reports to justify design results
- Liaise where necessary with customers to ensure satisfactory progress and quality
- Performing required activities associated with projects (investigation, analysis and design) in line with project requirements
- Preparing and registering all relevant documentation and design reports and ensuring that all documentation is accurate
- Maintaining on-going communication with relevant Project Leaders/Team Leaders and clients
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Reviewing completed engineering work to ensure accuracy
- Gaining awareness of and familiarity with, the commercial aspects of projects to develop commercial skills
- Acquire knowledge and practical skills to gain Chartership or equivalent
- Developing innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour
- Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Risk and CDM management.
- Maintain Corporate Membership of an appropriate leading UK Engineering Institution.
The applicant should have:
- PLS CADD experience
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Experience of computer based calculation packages.
- Be willing to make the necessary travel, either overseas or within the UK in order to carry out project requirements.
- Investigate breakdowns, failures and designs and carry out other special investigations.
- Establish test procedures and plant and equipment manufacture and installation programmes
- Proven ability of working with internal and external parties, eg. equipment suppliers, manufacturers, service providers, professional bodies, and working within a strong team-working culture
- Proven ability of communicating complex technical or commercial issues to peers or senior managers
- Proven ability to work in and lead cross functional teams
- Proven ability to develop working relationships quickly and effectively
- Proven experience in writing clear and concise documentation
Offers a full time competitive salary to match your skills, experience and requirements, with generous benefits
For more information about this role please contact our London office