Optical Systems Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH114521
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Sector: Stress / Structural Engineering, Aerospace
Salary: £60000 - £80000 per annum
Date posted: 09/11/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Optical Systems Engineer - Antwerp - Up to €80,000
Would you like to be part for a leading space company, developing satellites and performing scientific space experiments?
An opportunity has arisen for a skilled Optical Systems Engineer to join this pioneering company and help develop products for the International Space Station. This would be an exciting challenge and a unique opportunity to develop your talent and prove yourself at the top of this high technology industry. Working within an enthusiastic and inspiring team the projects would be varied and at the limits of what is possible with current engineering knowledge.
Optical Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
* Define complete optical systems requirements and specifications, integration plans, and test procedures
* Perform system-level estimates of optical performance
* Perform requirements analysis, feasibility studies, define and manage subsystem interfaces, error budgets, requirements flow-down and allocation
* Follow-up the design of complete electro-optical systems at our suppliers, incl. component specifications and vendor selection
* Strong knowledge of imaging payload components including the cost/benefits of available technologies.
* Be able to list the basic relationship influencing MTF & SNR
* Develop imaging systems validation testing and calibration requirements
* Work with electrical and mechanical engineers to debug systems and evaluate performance
Optical Systems Engineer Requirements:
* Degree qualified in a relevant field
* Experience with complex imaging systems and optical systems engineering
* Strong project management, planning, organizational, communication skills
* Able to perform comprehensive optical system characterization
* Deep and broad knowledge of both ray and wave optics
* Solid understanding of optical systems, coherence, laser and non-laser sources, measurement techniques
* Imaging systems expertise, specifically with camera's, displays or electro-optical systems
* Experience in tolerance simulations and manufacturing
* Ability to architect, specify, and test complex optical systems
* Understanding of performance testing and validation of optical systems and components
The company are looking to conduct interviews immediately, so if you feel this role would be suitable please apply.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.