The key responsibility of the Business Development function within Spencer Ogden is to create positive external awareness of the Spencer Ogden brand and service to the market.
Responsible for generating qualified sales leads and meetings with targeted clients that go on to generate revenue for the business. Generating qualified leads from new client relationships and by expanding the company’s footprint within existing accounts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Making effective outbound calls to key decision makers to identify opportunities for the business to follow up on (leading to client visits, jobs taken on, etc.)
- Arranging client visits to maintain client relations, identify new business and opportunities to cross sell
- Identifying and following through with opportunities for business, and contributing to the growth of team through commercial awareness
- Develop, manage, and grow a pipeline of new business primarily from targeted lead generation channels
- Management of all new client inquiries/potential leads
- Undertake desk based research to support the team in identifying new lead opportunities
- Develop and maintain personal knowledge of allocated sectors, market trends, and route to market
- Generate standard monthly reports and customized reports for clients
- Assist with development of brochures and other marketing literature
- Attend daily team round ups to ensure team growth and success
- Accountable for forecasting activity
- Strong communication skills
- Relationship management
- Attention to detail
- Determination to achieve objectives
- Collaboration skills
- Strategic thinking and ability to execute results
- Positive outlook and tenacity