- Lead the implementation of OSH programs, regulations and processes, including
recognition and awards programs, to all levels of project staff to promote a balance
between construction progress and safety in accordance with applicable laws and
- Support the Site/Commissioning Manager in all OSH matters.
- Lead and the site OSH department and guide/instruct assigned subordinates; duties may
include preparation of OSH documents, emergency plans and procedures; Quantitative
Risk Assessments (QRA); active monitoring of the construction and commissioning
activities in the field; subcontractor audits; implementation and enforcement of site OSH
instructions such as permit to work system, incident reporting and investigation, lock out /
tag out; efficient and comprehensive training programs
- Run gap analyses to identify and address OSH management gaps that may occur
between company rules, client requirements, and local statutory requirements in order to
ensure conformity with all applicable rules.
- Provide leadership to initiate and maintain OSH standards and goals to heighten
awareness and promote a safe and productive work environment.
- Make decisions on engineering/construction problems and methods relating to OSH
using advanced techniques, modifications and extensions of precepts and practices of
the particular field and disciplines. In the case severe OSH violations or non-
compliances, the Senior Site OSH Manager is authorized to stop works and processes
within the project execution.
- Prepare incident investigation reports as well as monthly and weekly reports including
records, statistics, incident information, information on non-conformances.
- Report to the Project OSH Manager.
- Capable of managing a site OSH department on 1.0 billion EUR project.
- Excellent leadership and mediation skills are mandatory.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to
management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a company representative to external organizations.
- Ability to work in international environment with different nationalities and cultures.
- Job related technical knowledge is necessary to complete the job.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, statutes and guidelines.
- Engineering background and accredited four (4) year degree or equivalent qualification
in applicable field of study.
- Holding a NEBOSH, Fachkraft für Arbeitssicherheit or other equivalent and recognized
qualification in OSH.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position and minimum OSH working
experience of ten (10) years in international chemical plant projects including
- Excellent English skills (written/verbal), additional language especially Hungarian,
German, Romanian preferred.
- Advanced computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email
as well as the advanced use of spreadsheets, electronic presentations, reports and
- Advanced audit knowledge and skills.
- Effective presentation skills including public speaking
- Valid driver's license
For more information about this role please contact our London office