Packaging Development Manager
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : PR-MAN-PTECH-1
Location: England, Northumberland, ASHINGTON
Sector: Build, M&E Management, Built Environment
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
Date posted: 30/01/2017
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
* To develop and implement the Packaging Strategy, enabling new business to be won through innovation and speed to market.
* Focus on delivering the product benefits associated with implementation of market-leading packaging solutions for our business.
* Act as technical packaging liaison between Procurement and a number of UK sites
* Manage the packaging requirements of customers and internal briefs, including costing's, technical, commercial, legal and environmental considerations.
* Manage the local sourcing of all (primary) packaging for the Company ensuring that all supplier contracts are maintained and set to achieve the required standards of service, quality and cost.
* Source and implement new packaging (including ideas) and packaging technology for the business.
* Lead the thinking, idea generation processes and development of new commercially viable packaging solutions (primarily for the UK), but also for European sister operations as retail-ready packaging becomes essential for business growth.
* Liaise with customers and art houses over packaging materials, artwork and design. Ensure all packaging solutions meet internal and external technical and operational requirements.
* Be expert in latest packaging concepts and materials with respect to functionality, best practice and environmental trends through industry data bases, trade press and trade fairs. Use this knowledge when discussing packaging with both internal and external customers. Ensure the company can be first to market with latest packaging solutions
* Ensure specifications for all packaging are both appropriate (legal and performance) and where appropriate migration data are held locally and are sent to the Central Specs team for addition to SAP system. Ensure launch process for each site is adhered to.
* Work with customers bringing new packaging insight to them and translating their product/packaging requirements into practice in new products
* Will have experience gained from a similar role within a manufacturing environment ideal with a hygienic fast moving environment i.e food, beverage, FMCG, pharmaceutical etc.
If you feel you have the right experience for the role, please apply online or for more information please call Paul on 0161 227 4917.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office