The Electrical Engineer (P&C) is required to work within a multi-discipline team to develop efficient and reliable Protection & Control systems. The incumbent will coordinate his/her design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion. The incumbent will also assist the Estimating Team in preparation of estimates and project proposals.
Specific duties include:
- Prepare conceptual design of the complex projects.
- Carry out/review/analyze complex technical studies and project scopes.
- Develop and review technical specifications, drawings and standards of equipment/ projects.
- Review the design based memorandum, detailed engineering scope and guide the assigned discipline engineers to align the engineering deliverables according to project requirements.
- Work closely with peers to ensure accurate delivery and thorough electrical design that will meet industry standards and specifications, and meet good engineering practices.
- Maintain complete project documentation with respect to engineering studies and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Maintain good working relationship with internal groups that support project such as other Engineering disciplines, Drafting, Procurement, Construction and Project Management etc.
- Selection of equipment and material and preparation of specifications for material, equipment, construction and installation work.
- Develop relay setting calculations and coordination report.
- Review of internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
- Coordinate design activities with other multi-discipline project team members.
- Construction support including resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
- Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to relay settings and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- A degree Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in substation protection and control design.
- Experience on MathCAD, ASPEN or ETAP software is an asset.
- Experience on PSCAD or EMTP software is an asset.
- Experience on relay setting and coordination is an asset.
- Knowledge of modern power system, power system protection and relay technologies.
- Strong client focus.
- Knowledge of codes and standards.
- Candidate must undergo pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background investigation.
- Position located at client offices with travel to the site on occasion.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.