Spencer Ogden are expanding very aggressively this year and we are looking to hire a Payroll Assistant to aid us with this growth in our Houston Headquarters.
As a Payroll Assistant you will working with the payroll department to ensure that we produce payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Enter Payroll and Human Resources data in the payroll system for bi-weekly processing; i.e. new hires, maintenance of garnishments, W-4, address, direct deposit changes, etc.
- Process hourly payroll import data and ensure payroll is processed within established time frames.
- Coordinate Payroll processing schedules, process adjustments needed to earnings or taxation
- Balance and audit payroll runs.
- Provide payroll information by communicating with employees to resolve payroll discrepancies promptly and accurately.
- Prepare reports for finance departments and Management Team.
- Process Unemployment Claims and Employment Verification
- Work independently under the supervision of the Payroll Manager and provide a consistently high level of customer service.
- Keep up to date on company policies and procedures.
- Provide other general administrative support to the department as needed.
- General knowledge of Excel
- Comfort communicating with team members.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong Mathematical skills.
- Record Keeping (filing, sorting,reporting)