Project Manager Description
Our client is an emerging multi-disciplinary EPC firm with a fast-growing oil and gas division. Their team is looking to add an experienced pipeline engineer and project management professional. Must have experience in all areas of the full project-life cycle, which includes but is not limited to: financial inception, front-end design, engineering, material procurement, personnel management, cost-controlling, and construction management. Candidates must have extensive field engineering expertise, ideally with management of these projects, either with midstream operators or engineering/construction firms.
Plans, designs and manages the full life cycle of the largest, most complex, multi-discipline pipeline projects and assumes full responsibility for profit or loss. This includes managing all activities related to project scope, schedule, cost/budget, quality, communications, resources, procurement, and risk elements to optimize exceptional customer experience, quality and fiscal responsibility.
- Leads efforts in developing project scope, schedule, and fee during proposal preparation phase.
- Supports and/or participates in interviews and negotiations to the extent required.
- Sets baselines for project scope, determines work procedures/sequences and refines schedules, budgets, risk assessments, staffing, vendor lists and progress billing points.
- Works with Department Managers to request and form project teams, assigns responsibilities, and confirms those responsibilities are begun and completed according to schedule.
- Meets with customer's management team and stakeholders as necessary during the term of a project to resolve issues and obtain approvals.
- Leads the project delivery team including project management staff and technical deliverable leads.
- Manages changes to project scope, schedule, budget and risks; submits contract amendments (upon internal approval) to customer's management team regarding identified changes from contracted baseline documents.
- Conforms with project delivery and safety standards.
- Utilizes effective written and oral communication; plans and manages project communications.
- Supports Go-To-Market Teams in assessing pre-contract risks.
- Maintains a positive business relationship with customers as part of ongoing business development efforts.
- Responsible for the financial aspects of the project including optimizing revenue and cost management to maximize profit while minimizing project overruns and collect client accounts receivable within contracted terms.
- Responsible to ensure project change orders are submitted and approved prior to work starting.
- Works with customer's management team to ensure all activities are billed properly, and accounts receivable balances are paid in a timely manner.
- Responsible to ensure error and omissions claims are minimized. Capture, document and share with the community "lessons learned".
- Works with the PMO Manager to continuously improve the organization's project management capability and enhance the customer experience. May train other project managers on project delivery processes.#
- A bachelor's degree in an industry-related field; applicable experience can substitute for education.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated capabilities and success in managing larger and/or complex, multi-discipline, multi-office projects
- Travel is required, must have a valid driver's license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Previous project management experience in a professional services firm
- Bachelor's in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- PE license in Wyoming or Colorado
- PMP, PgMP, PfMP, CAPM or equivalent certification
- Experience in the oil and gas industry
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.#
The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- Frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and move up to 50
- Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to three miles per day
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with up to 50% of the time spent in the office and 50% out of the office; however, this will vary greatly by project needs.
- Oil & Energy
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Or Industrial Engineering
- Project Management
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.