Position Description/Job Responsibilities
The Planner/Scheduler LNG Plant focuses on oversight of the planning, scheduling and progress measurement and verification for the LNG Plant. Role will be for Engineering, Procurement and /or Construction planning and scheduling. The chosen candidate will have the responsibility to support development of Pre-FEED, FEED, or EPC plans and schedules for a LNG Liquefaction facility.
- 15 - 20 years experience in planning & scheduling of FERC regulated oil and gas projects.
- Must be experienced and competent in Primavera's P6 CPM system with experience in progress measurement systems and tools strongly preferred.
- Hands on experience required in developing schedule networks with analysis and reporting experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to effectively engage with others to facilitate meeting expectations and producing quality deliverables.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- In depth understanding of the execution plan and associated schedule that has been adopted by the EPC Contractor
- Understanding of the manner in which the Contractor claims and is given credit for progress
- Attention to detail in the selection and verification all the way to the work-face of a sample of progress claimed each month
- Developing a good working relationship with the EPC Contractor such that issues related to schedule may be discussed and resolved in a positive and collaborative manner
- Provide overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise
- Ensure that the schedule control and progress procedures are developed and executed by the Contractor's to monitor its schedule control activities and progress reporting.
- Coordinate, monitor, and assess Contractor's efforts in project planning, progress measurement and control.
- Review project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule stewardship and reporting.
- Following alignment with Planning Lead, advise Project Controls Lead and Project Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provide guidance, corrective actions and measures to mitigate any adverse trends.
- Assist Planning Lead and Project Controls Lead in developing and reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and verify needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of the Contractor compared to agreed control plans in the areas of progress and schedule control.
- Review Contractor's project control procedures to ensure that Company's and Contract requirements are met.
- Review and check Contractor's progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement, including verification to the workface of a sample of progress claimed in each reporting period
- Review, monitor and control the Contractor's schedules for all project activities for logic, level of detail, interfaces, etc. (e.g., Level 3, Level 4, short-term look-ahead schedules).
- Analyze schedule and progress trends reported by Contractor.
- Analyze the planned quantity metrics projections for all home office and site disciplines (e.g. Piping, Civil, Electrical, etc..). Monitors actual metrics quantities completed against planned.
- Support the Project Team with on-going project schedule analysis, reporting, and forecasting activities.
- Develop and document annual and multi-year schedules, and ensure that these products reflect the approved project design/execution scope
- Analyze schedule trends, develop and review schedule forecasts
- Monitor and report on schedule implications of changes
- Prepare and compile weekly and monthly Reports (schedule and progress) as required.
- Participate in developing Contract Control Schedules and Milestones
- Participate in contract bid evaluations (as required)
- Respond to ad hoc requests from PMT related to Project Controls/Reporting.
- Participate in gathering and recording Lessons Learned for the project that relate to progress and schedule areas
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office