Cryo Plant and Field Operator
Midstream Company is seeking an experienced operations technician to join our workforce in Culberson County, Texas. The primary responsibilities of this position include supervision and monitoring of day to day operations; troubleshooting facility operations; and application of safe work behaviors.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person who wants to join a forward thinking midstream team, be part of building a great operation, and reap the satisfaction of operating a newly constructed gas gathering, crude gathering and gas processing system. Teamwork is critical, and requires a willingness to help establish new operations protocol. Additional competencies include strong initiative and independent execution ability; knowledge of and a drive to implement safe work practices; and experience with pipeline and gas processing operations.
* Apply all HSE requirements as set forth in the Operations and Safety Manual.
* Perform daily plant rounds; monitor and adjust equipment to maintain optimum availability, efficiency, and throughput.
* Perform daily field rounds: check field metering systems; check gas compression site.
* Report operations data and any observations of abnormal conditions.
* Complete minor maintenance activities.
* Isolate and/or clear, flush equipment if required prior to inspection or repair.
* Collect additional field data and product samples as needed.
* Perform rotating shifts as on-call operator.
* Respond to alarms and shut-downs.
* Troubleshoot problems and return equipment to service.
* Provide first response to emergency events.
* 5-10 years of combined experience in pipeline or gas processing operations.
* Experience in both crude and natural gas operations a plus.
* Must be able to collaborate and work in a team environment.
* Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening. Valid driver license required.
* Ability to troubleshoot and assess situations and make decisions that are both safe and quickly return facilities to service.
* Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to respond within one hour to call-outs when rotating as operator on-call.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office