- Development and realization of soft- and hardware modifications on safety PLCs, non-safety PLCs, machine monitoring systems, industrial networks and SIS.
- Follow up and support of exploitation and maintenance works on PLCs, monitoring systems and industrial networks, including analysis of failures. Provision of technical and general support to other departments concerning PLC systems, monitoring systems and SIS competence.
- Periodic update of long term capital investment plan, according life cycle of systems, to prevent obsoleteness. Development of projects up to +/- 500 k€ including coordination of engineering phases, procurement of materials and services, coordination of project works, start-up, commissioning and training.
- Participation in large multidisciplinary projects, supporting development and realization of PLC aspects.
- Management of SIS technical data, including validation of safety test instructions and calculated SIL levels.
- Follow up of support and spare parts contracts with third parties.
- Update and development of technical procedures.
The jobholder is an engineer, or equivalent based on experience, with expertise in:
- Classic instrumentation in a petrochemical environment.
- Development and troubleshouting of various PLC and monitoring systems (preferentially: Honeywell FSC / Safety Manager, Hima Himatrix / Hiquad, Schneider Modicon, Bently Nevada)
- Development and calculation of SIS. (IEC61508, IEC61511)
He or she is fluent in both Dutch and English, demonstrates a high level of self-discipline, has a high standard on quality and safety, has a pragmatic and analytical approach, is both well organized and stress resilient, is a good communicator and a team player, but can also work independently in a complex and fast changing environment.
For more information about this role please contact our London office