My client is a top 400 ENR firm with over 128 years in the construction business has an immediate need for an experienced Preconstruction Manager in our Pennsylvania Region.
If you are interested in joining a premier growing commercial construction firm with a stellar reputation in its industry then this is the opportunity you've been looking for. Our growth has been tremendous as we continue to expand throughout the Mid Atlantic region. Great career growth potential, along with the opportunity to pursue multiple career paths in any one of our regional locations.
You'll be charged with leading all of the associated responsibilities with the Preconstruction Management for the PA team.
This position is responsible for customer satisfaction. The internal & external function is to deliver pre-construction projects as assigned. Maintain and expedite pre-construction practices and services for all teams on projects assigned. This position has overall responsibility to deliver the preconstruction services to clients from the time we are hired or awarded a project until a GMP is signed and construction starts.
- Lead the Wohlsen preconstruction team to accomplish contract requirements.
- Lead the preconstruction services by budgeting, scheduling, or organizing, defining roles and responsibilities with some input from the Operations Manager and superintendents
- Prepare conceptual, schematic, design development and GMP estimates as required to support preconstruction activities and clients.
- Contribute to the development of standards, process, practices, etc. as needed for the Preconstruction Services to be a "Best of Class" provider in the construction industry
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with project architects/customer as appropriate, to acquaint them with unresolved problems and to ensure an adequate degree of coordination is being made to have accurate bidding documents.
- Maintain and make corrections/adjustments to Owner's budget as required to maintain project budget.
- Monitor design scope for changes affecting budget and/or schedule; identifies cause, advises customer for customer decision.
- Keep customer fully informed of preconstruction progress on the project and of any significant technical problems/solutions and their effect on design and/or costs.
- Identify and promote solution to any problem, which might impede progress of the project or adversely affect customer and architect relations.
- Coordinate with Estimating department staff on the development of project budgets and oversee preparation of estimates into format for presentation to owner and architect. Answer budget questions at time of presentation.
- Manage the project team's performance to ensure that the contract requirements are fulfilled, and that safety, insurance and legal procedures or requirements are followed and risks limited
- Lead value engineering and value enhancement efforts as required to serve the client including development of items and lists, compilation of ideas and presentation of information to the client.
- Prepare and or oversee the preparation of all materials presented to the owner, architect or engineer on a project.
- Lead and perform constructability reviews of all projects where designated the preconstruction manager.
- Ensure that the turnover of a project from Preconstruction and estimating to operations is done properly with appropriate hand off meetings and all information is transferred to the operations team.
- Initiate billing process, review and approve all invoices prior to submittal to customer
- Participate in presentation with potential clients, as required, and assist in the review and approval of contracts before signing.
- Finalize GMP price with client that meets the client's needs and provide the maximum profitability within the established contract terms and conditions.
- Assist in the negotiation of owner contracts.
- Assist and lead purchasing of subcontractors and suppliers as required or determine on a project-by-project basis.
- Attend meetings with potential clients and develop relationships that will potentially lead to additional work for the company.
- Maintain direct communication with Vice President and Operations concerning the capability of project teams and individuals assigned to the project. Assist in preparing project employee performance reviews.
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to: strive to exhibit and apply Wohlsen's Attributes, exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required from time to time.
- B.S. degree in Construction Technology, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or other related discipline and eight plus years relevant experience
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the Construction Industry
- Experience with technology, such as estimating, scheduling, project management.
- Experience in Operations and/or Marketing is required
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business plan objectives, including client meetings in the evening.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- High level of communication skills to be able to lead meetings and presentations in a way that builds confidence, trust and success with clients.
- Valid Driver's License
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.