Secondary/Protection Design Engineer
Seeking an Electrical Engineer - Secondary Systems for a Consultancy delivering projects and services across the Transmission & Distribution and Renewables sectors in Australia. You will have experience in a similar role with 5+ years' experience in technical design activities.
- Long Term contract OR Permanent
- Project design activities in substations
- Prepare design drawings, equipment layouts and single line diagrams
- Design secondary systems for zone substation protection, control, alarm and instrumentation schemes
- Calculation of system currents and voltages under abnormal and fault conditions and the determination of protection and control relay settings.
- Prepare standards drawings for sub-transmission and distribution system protection and control, communication.
- Providing technical support to field and operation personnel
- Negotiations with consultants and HV customers regarding protection
- Development of scopes, specifications, schedules and reports
- Secondary systems design experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Secondary Systems and applications - ideally in the generation and T&D
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role
Please send me your CV to email@example.com or contact me on +61862802416
For more information about this role please contact our Perth office