- Location: Sydney
- Salary: $0 per year
Principal or Technical Director level Botanists/Ecologists
We are seeking for a Principal Botanist/Ecologist to join our National Ecology team to work closely with our National Lead and NSW Environment Team Lead. This is a chance to join a high performing team working on both specialist ecology and major infrastructure projects.
- Providing technical ecological expertise on a range of complex projects
- Supporting the NSW Environment Team Leader and National Ecology Lead in maintaining a sustainable pipeline of work for a growing team (through business development) and building awareness of the Arcadis brand for this service line
- Providing technical oversight and quality assurance on a range of Ecology deliverables
- Providing technical Victorian ecology advisory to the wider environment team and interstate ecology team
- Proactively managing selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science, botany, ecology, biology or related discipline
- Extensive relevant post-graduate experience, including supervising aspects of projects, applying standards and managing resources
- Experience in leading a team of ecologists, preferably as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong capability in biodiversity field assessment, with skills in plant identification and vegetation assessment desirable
- Demonstrated experience in ecological impact assessment
- BAM Accreditation
- Strong client focus and the ability to manage all commercial aspects (contracting, invoicing, debt management, client management etc.)
- Proven experience in building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and the ability to work collaboratively with other members of the team.
For more information on salary, company, and culture, please reach out directly to Annie Wang on 03 8376 2822 or Annie.Wang@spencer-ogden.com for a confidential discussion!
- Salary$150k - 200k per year
About the role:As a Principal member of the team, you will develop strategic client relationships, actively contributing to the development and winning of proposals for a range of clients across government, transport, mining and minerals, and renewable energy sectors.You will be empowered to lead and run your own projects, driving your career forward, working in an international consultancy. Joining this team means joining a team of industry leaders who pride ourselves on the delivery of water resources projects, particularly in the areas of flood impact assessment, hydrological and hydraulic modelling, drainage design, mine water management and stormwater management.In addition, their multidisciplinary team of water resource experts are at the forefront of digital solutions, including the use of numerical modelling, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), machine learning and drone technology to support a range of projects including flood studies, infrastructure design, water quality assessment and geomorphic assessment.You'll joining a company who is well known in the industry for pioneering new technologies and providing innovative solutions to some of the most interesting projects across the Victorian Region. About you: A highly qualified and relevant professional possessing impressive exposure to the consulting environment with strong leadership experienceProficiency in a range of water resource skills including hydraulic design, floodplain management, water quality assessments, stormwater quality management, mine water management, geomorphologic assessment, water balance, hydrological assessments, dam safety inspections and drainage.Proven task and project management skills and proficiency in report writing.Interest in mentoring, developing and managing teamsWorking knowledge of the Victorian and Australian legislations, standards and guidelines as they relate to the water sectorFluent communicator with vast experience in client engagement and management QualificationsTertiary Qualifications in a relevant Engineering discipline, Water Resource Management or Environmental Science/Hydrology - essentialChartership/RPEQ/CPEng – highly regarded.