Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH112949
Location: USA, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Sector: Corporate, Management, Power
Salary: £0.00 - £175000 per annum
Date posted: 11/09/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
This position will lead interaction and business opportunities for system studies with Electric Reliability Organizations (EROs), utility planning, operations, and engineering focused on system studies to identify, track, and support infrastructure development from early phases to implementation. Engage and direct business for system studies in strategic T&D planning activities with EROs and utilities in areas of infrastructure development to operations management.
· Generate key sales volume in accordance with department objectives.
· Lead business and technology integration initiatives with industry organizations such as regional reliability/planning organizations, the IEEE, CIGRE, EPRI, and other such industry groups.
· Engage utility planning and engineering actively and routinely to direct and manage business activities.
· Organize and manage proposal activities in response to customer specifications, RFPs / RFQs, and technical information requests for power systems engineering analysis.
· Lead the development of technical papers and articles for publication in professional society journals and trade magazines; and for presentation at professional society meetings, industry conferences, and trade exhibitions.
· Lead activities and expand capabilities for, and direct others in the use of, load flow and stability, electromagnetic transients (EMT), and programming software, including studies on the simulation and coding of models for equipment such as utility-scale power electronics, customer power, and other equipment.
Desired DegreeElectrical Engineering
Desired Job Experience
· Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on electric power engineering, or equivalent technical discipline, and minimum 10 years' experience in power systems studies consulting field, electric utility system planning or T&D manufacturer's application engineering, or equivalent education and experience in areas key to position.
· Advanced knowledge of utility business planning flow as related to initial feasibility, planning, engineering, implementation, and operations stages.
· Advanced knowledge of regulatory, compliance, and resource/capacity/strategy assessment.
· General knowledge of asset and operations management, environmental policy, and system hardening.
· Advanced organization, presentation, communication and technical writing skills.
· Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
· Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office products Advanced knowledge of the following programs and modeling tools:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and related
- ATP, EMTP, EMTP-RV, MATLAB, PSCAD, ASPEN, and CDEGS
- PSLF, PSS/E, and related
C, C++, MATLAB, Java, Perl, Python, and others
· Ability to travel domestic or international to customer sites, professional society meetings, etc.(approximately 20%)
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.