Principal Secondary Design Engineer
Seeking an Electrical Engineer - Secondary Systems for a EPCM & Consultancy delivering projects and services across the Transmission & Distribution sector in Australia. You will have Electrical Power Systems Engineering experience in a similar role with 15+ years' experience in Design activities.
- Long Term contract OR Permanent
- Leading a team of secondary design engineers
- Project design activities in power generation and transmission/distribution
- Prepare design drawings, equipment layouts and single line diagrams
- Design secondary systems for zone substation protection, control, alarm and instrumentation schemes
- Calculation of system currents and voltages under abnormal and fault conditions and the determination of protection and control relay settings.
- Prepare standards drawings for sub-transmission and distribution system protection and control, communication.
- Providing technical support to field and operation personnel
- Negotiations with consultants and HV customers regarding protection
- You will be responsible for carrying out planning stages from design through to client handover
- Development of scopes, specifications, schedules and reports
- Project design experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Experience in Secondary Systems and applications - ideally in the generation and T&D
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- 15+ years' experience in a similar role
Please send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on +61862802416
For more information about this role please contact our Perth office