Princiapl Site Reliability Engineer
Location - New York City
Start Date: Immediate
A market leading utility in the New York City area is seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join their growing infrastucture team on a full-time basis.
With huge opportunity for organic growth, this role requires a forward-thinking and decisive individual with the ability to combine technical excellence whilst coaching and devolping a team of talented juniors.
- Support mission critical applications by directing hardware/software patching, troubleshooting and remediating issues, optimizing system performance, and conducting capacity planning.
- Create dashboards, reports, and analysis to monitor and maintain application operability.
- Automate maintenance and test processes to enhance reliability.
- Oversee and consult with application teams on testing of code changes for all supported applications.
- Oversee and consult with application teams on implementation of new applications and deployments of supported applications to production.
- Mentor other members of the team and application developers.
- Prepare and maintain support documentation of supported systems for team and ancillary support groups.
- Provide root cause analysis, technical answers, advice and counsel to application teams and leadership as required.
- Apply code changes including upgrades to production for all supported applications.
- Act as a first responder for all application issues and responsible for escalating to other Information Technology teams as necessary to remediate application issues.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And with minimum three (3) years work-related experience Or
- Associate's Degree And with minimum 5 years work-related experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED with minimum 7 years work-related experience
- Bachelor's Degree Preferably in Computer Science, Math/Science, or Engineering
Required Work Experience
- Experience designing, developing, implementing and operating technologies in IT Infrastructure Administration or IT development on at least on system in production environment. Required
- Demonstrated working knowledge of at least one first class programming language (I.e. C++, JAVA, C#) OR experience in IT Infrastructure Administration (i.e. server or platform support, DBA, networking). Required
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn innovative technologies. Required
- Proven experience troubleshooting complex system issues and outages. Required
- Proven experience conducting root cause analysis. Req
- Experience with the following applications - BizTalk, IBM Sterling Business Integrator and HIS.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies, SQL Server, Windows Server, SCOM and BizTalk360.
Skills & Ability
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Current certification in IT (infrastructure or development related) preferred (i.e. Microsoft Certifiied Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)) Preferred
This role will only be open for the next 10 days.
If you believe this opportunity is a suitable fit for your skills, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.