Principle Laser Engineer
Our client are one of the world's largest engineering businesses within the Aerospace and defence industry. This is a permeant role and offers a starting salary of £40,000 plus, depending on experience, on your skills and fit to the role.
The Principal Laser Engineer will join a world class optics and laser development team which provides leading-edge resolutions into the global defence sector. The extensive product range includes targeting lasers, stabilised laser delivery systems, electro-optic countermeasures solutions and electro-optic targeting and surveillance systems.
What will you be doing?
- Creation and review of detailed component drawings, product and test specifications, Technical liaison with subcontractors.
- Computational modelling of key laser processes using commercial and in-house tools.
- Development of modelling tools and techniques applicable to fibre laser technology.
- Selection of appropriate technical solutions with detailed justifications.
- Problem solving to support product development and manufacturing.
- It is a requirement of the role to work with Lasers of Class 3R and above.
- This is an office based and laboratory based role using display screen equipment working full time hours which can often be in a demanding environment.
- As part of this role you will be expected to travel possibly both in the UK and abroad.
What skills, Qualifications & Experience do you need?
- Essential - related Master's degree
- Desirable - PhD with a significant fibre laser design content
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience working in a laser product development//or laser applied research environment.
- Laser Design experience.
- Ideally we are looking for experience in the design, characterisation and manufacture of fibre lasers using appropriate commercial tools.
- Understanding of laser physics and familiarity with fibre laser types as well as solid state lasers is required.
Please apply online to be considered for this role or call the Manchester office for more information.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office