Monitoring daily plant production processes of the MBS and the Acrylic Modifiers, and troubleshooting plant production problems through laboratory experiments. Monitor latex and powder quality. Develop test plans for improving quality, reducing costs, and/or modifying recipes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring daily plant production.
- Plan, initiate, monitor, and report on plant trials for existing grade process or production improvements.
- Monitoring of plant trials of new grades.
- Troubleshooting polymerization and after-treatment problems. Routine written reports on troubleshooting activities/corrective actions.
- Provide technical support in areas of emulsion polymerization, FT-IR, DTA, DSC, TGA, GC, and UV spectroscopy.
- Evaluating by lab work, the validity of a new recipe, modification of existing recipe, the quality of supply of raw & sub-raw materials, and means of increasing productivity & cost reduction.
- Write monthly summary.
- Remain current on pertinent areas through literature, technical journals and seminars.
- Investigate and determine cause of process and quality problems.
- Assist Marketing personnel with technical service.
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, function, or department to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodical communication takes place.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area of responsibilities.
- Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the work place, complying company's policies and procedures.
- Fulfil mandatory training requirement applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
The experience and education described here are representative of those that are expected to individuals to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered on an individual basis.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office