Searching for a dynamic individual to work as an Process Control Engineer located near Beaumont, TX. This position will assist and enhance process control applications and assets, and provide expertise to support the safe, environmentally sound, and efficient operation of the processing units.
- Responsible for control applications in the processing units.
- Develop, modify, and tune control applications for continued and improved operation of assigned processing units.
- Provide control assistance for multi-variable controllers operating in the processing units.
- Responsible for development of new control applications as needed for new projects or products made in above listed units.
- Monitor operation of assigned units and assist process engineering to meet target production, quality, and energy goals.
- Provide technical support to the design, installation and maintenance of PLCs, automation systems and Safety Instrumented Systems.
- Facilitate PSM Management of Change for covered changes to process controls and participate in PHA and IPL studies and incident investigations for assigned units.
- Relieve other process control engineers for vacation or other absences.
- Work with Project Engineers on savings projects.
- Maintain expertise in process and process control matters related to assigned units through participation in professional meetings, trade shows, continuing education opportunities, and publications.
- Facilitate compliance with alarm system management policies and standards, for assigned process units. This may include leadership of the operational review meetings, and activities to rationalize alarm settings and priorities to meet KPI targets.
- Participate in offsite FAT for control related projects as required.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Engineering, Instrumentation/Automation or related field and a minimum of 7 years of Process Control Engineering experience in a petrochemical or refining facility is required
- Experience with DCS systems such as Foxboro IA (Invensys) or Emerson Delta V preferred
- Experience with PLCs (Triconex or GE Fanuc / Mark V,VII preferred)
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis and LOPA studies
- Control network management preferred
- Experience with Continuous Controls application preferred
- Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card, for information please visit https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent computer skills
- Organizational skills - ability to prioritize opportunities
- Able to identify needs and opportunities and work independently to achieve goals
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with all site associates
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office