Title: Process Engineer
Salary: approx. £35,000 a year
We are recruiting on behalf of an aerospace manufacturer that is looking to hire an experienced Process Engineer. The role will provide on line support and will be responsible for ensuring that all processes and procedures are implemented correctly.
The work will be on mechanical sub-assemblies and final assemblies of composite mouldings and aluminium.
- Take ownership for developing and implementing equipment, procedure and process changes including the design and implementation of improvement projects
- Identify, make recommendations and implement improvements in process performance to achieve product volume, yields and quality in accordance with business needs, whilst minimising operating costs and maximising unit safety and reliability
- Use systematic and methodical approaches such as statistical techniques, 4D / 8D problem solving tools and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) to improve process capability and / or identify root causes of problems, and implement improvement opportunities.
- Implement and manage the units process control strategies including writing and maintaining Process Control Plans
- Gather and evaluate appropriate data to improve process capability and / or identify root causes of problems, and implement improvement opportunities.
- Provide prompt and effective technical advice and support
- Provide corrective actions and preventative action for faults found on product
- Review and organise layout of the process area to reflect current best practice
- Ensure the plant is audit ready at all times and consistent to best practice
- Monitor and present weekly right first time statistics
- Compile and deliver process documentation for best practice and training
- Min 4-5 years' experience as a Process Engineer
- Ideal background = mechanical assembly
- Ability to take ownership for developing and implementing equipment, procedure and process changes including the design and implementation of improvement projects.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office