Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH113076
Location: England, East Riding of Yorkshire, Kingston Upon Hull
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Salary: £32000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits
Date posted: 28/09/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
£32-£38,000 per annum (DoE) + Benefits
My client, one of the best-known UK food producers is looking for a Process Manager to join their team in Hull and provide a bridge between NPD, Technical and Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for successfully scaling up new products from the kitchen to the production line. Consideration must be given to Technical, Operational, Commercial and Customer requirements.
Be an integral part of the operations team to launch new concepts / projects in line with the brief.
* Manage the critical path once products are handed over from NPD to process at Gate 2.
* Engage with key stakeholders across the site and communicate any issues.
* To ensure the Development process is followed and that each stage is completed accurately, documented and communicated through to key stake holders.
* Attend site feasibility meetings and highlight any processes that are concerning, require validating or not possible in addition to considering if the product quality can be maintained through scale up.
* Following the feasibility meeting, complete any trials to assess the feasibility prior to presenting concepts to the customer.
* Organise all elements of the factory trial including ordering materials and liaising with the relevant functions.
*To capture all relevant trial data and complete all trial paperwork.
* Organise product panels following trials with the relevant functions to assess the product quality following scale up.
* Organise and send products off for nutritional and microbiological testing.
* Represent the NPD department on the HACCP Team and have a thorough understanding of the site HACCP Process.
* Work with the packaging technologist to co-ordinate all Transit Trials to review the suitability of the packaging
* Host factory related customer sign off meetings i.e. Gate 4, Technical Handover etc.
* Co-ordinate all elements of the PPR including internal preparation, paperwork and customer facing.
* Work with the Planning department to organise product launches.
* Attend all launches and customer face.
* Consider and validate any process opportunities to take cost out of both existing product and new concepts through a commercially minded development approach.
* Validate any new processes to the factory.
* Where product improvements are necessary that do not impact recipe, drive and deliver projects ensuing all stakeholders are kept up to date.
* To attend regular site launch meetings and run the Process section.
Internal: Operations Management, Technical & Quality Management, NPD, Commercial
External: Other sites, Customers, Packaging Suppliers, Machinery Suppliers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Food Safety L3 or above
* 1 years experience in a similar role or expert knowledge of meat manufacturing machinery in manufacturing and packing areas
* Experience of managing people and processes
* Have an 'operational' mind set
* Expert knowledge of meat manufacturing machinery and packing areas
* Expert of the concept to launch process
* Able to drive
* Excellent computer skills
* Able to make quick decisions, manage critical path
* Able to communicate at all levels including customers, managers, and operational colleagues
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office